Help Me for Parents and Grandparents
This is the page I will be putting advice to help parents and grandparents who are raising children or adult children that have special problems.
- They become unable to recognize family or friends
- They begin uncontrollable pacing, unable to stay still
- They begin neglecting personal hygiene
- They stop cooking or doing household chores
- They have trouble understanding what others are saying
- They begin displaying abusive, destructive or violent behavior towards self, others or property
- They refuse to get out of bed
- They refuse to eat or drink
- Bipolar- Symptoms of someone going manic
Bipolar-things you can do to help
- Listen to them without giving advice, judging or criticizing.
- Hold them.
- Let them Pace
- Encourage them to move, help them move
- Lead them through a relaxation or stress reduction technique
- Give them something to draw with and on
- Give them the space to express themselves
- Encourage and reassure them
- Give them something nutritious to eat
- Make sure they have taken their medications
- Play music that they like to listen to
- Just let them rest
Bipolar -How to recognize recovery
- When they are eating at least two meals a day
- When they are awake for at least six hours a day
- When they are taking care of all of their personal hygiene needs daily
- When they can carry on a conversation
- When they can easily walk around the house.